We had another Seasalt order to complete this month, with the month being shorter and some members of staff being away it was more of a challenge. The order was slightly smaller.
We visited the new Seasalt store in St Ives, which was good to see all of our work in a local shop.
including honey jars. They were good fun
to throw and the type of lid was something
I have never tried before. It was a bit more simple
and saved time.
The finished pieces were successful, they have now
been shipped off to a gallery.
I have also thrown some larger jugs. Pulling the handles was more of a challenge, as they were so much bigger. But I got better as they went on and became more confident.
We had a lot of glaze firings in order to finish the pieces.
I have spent a lot more time working on my own pieces this month. I have fired 2 glaze kilns, which were successful and I have made a lot of new pieces.
I have also had some feedback from glaze tests, some of which were successful and I plan to use them in my next firing.
I spent some time updating my website with
images of new pieces, and also preparing for Hatfield in various ways, including ordering price stickers etc.
feel free to take a look :D
Apprentice's Past & Present
- Sheila Herring - Jeremy Steward 2009-2010
- Fleen Doran - Micki Schloessingk 2010-2011
- Pasha Manzaroli - Jonathan Chiswell Jones 2011 - 2013 (PT)
- Anastasia Simmons - Jeremy Steward 2012 - 2013
- Simona Stollo - Mike Goddard 2014
- Laura Crosland - a journey in Clay!
- Yasuko Tang - Akiko Hirai 2014-2015
- Tamsin Arrowsmith Brown - Helen Beard 2015
- Niklas Preukschat - Nic Collins & Sabine Nemet