I completed my year-long apprenticeship with Micki Schloessingk two years ago on the Adopt a Potter Scheme. It was fantastic training for me and gave me all the skills I needed to set up as a potter. I have since continued to work at Bridge Pottery and for the past year I have enjoyed my post as Studio Manager at Bridge Pottery. Since my apprenticeship I have also ran evening pottery classes and set up as a self-employed happy potter :) I am now relocating to the Forest of Dean where I will continue to pot and run workshops.
Thanks to everyone who supports AAP! Having been an AAP apprentice myself I can say its a brilliant scheme and I am now enjoying my new post as Trustee.
Here is a pic of my stall last week at Art in Clay Hatfield
Apprentice's Past & Present
- Sheila Herring - Jeremy Steward 2009-2010
- Fleen Doran - Micki Schloessingk 2010-2011
- Pasha Manzaroli - Jonathan Chiswell Jones 2011 - 2013 (PT)
- Anastasia Simmons - Jeremy Steward 2012 - 2013
- Simona Stollo - Mike Goddard 2014
- Laura Crosland - a journey in Clay!
- Yasuko Tang - Akiko Hirai 2014-2015
- Tamsin Arrowsmith Brown - Helen Beard 2015
- Niklas Preukschat - Nic Collins & Sabine Nemet